Sunday, September 9, 2012

Ginsburg and Gurney next Wednesday

If you live in the mid-Atlantic area of the USA, there will be two free presentations this coming Wednesday, September 12, in two different places at more or less the same time—so you'll have to choose!

The first is a portrait painting demonstration by Max Ginsburg at the Baum School of Art in Allentown, Pennsylvania. I've painted with Max, and it's a treat to watch him work, and to listen to him talk about his decisions at each stage.


I hung out with Max last night at Garin Baker's studio in Newburgh, New York, where Max is teaching a three day workshop on figure painting. Max showed us his portrait painting video, which documents one of his portrait demos in three hours of real time.

The other event this Wednesday is a talk that I'll be giving at the Montgomery College in Rockville, Maryland, starting at 2:30. I'll be talking about creating realistic paintings of imaginary worlds, and my presentation will be followed by a book signing.

If you live in Savannah, Georgia, I'll be speaking at SCAD, Savannah on the 17th.
-----
Max Ginsburg Demo
Ginsburg video website
Gurney talk at Montgomery College

3 comments:

Aaron said...

Graduated from SCAD last year, wish I was there to hear you.

Ernest Friedman-Hill said...

The Rockville venue is just a few miles from me; I really wish I could be there but I have too many conflicts. Enjoy your visit to my hometown.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the info on Max Ginsburg's appearance in Allentown. I was in the area and got to catch this amazing talent. A true delight and some much needed inspiration!