Saturday, October 4, 2014

American Masters Show at the Salmagundi Club

I'm pleased to announce that four of my landscape paintings will be exhibited and offered for sale at the American Masters show from October 14 - 24 at the Salmagundi Club in New York.

I'll be honored to be sharing the walls with artists like John Stobart, Burt Silverman, Christopher Blossom, Dean Mitchell, and Scott Christensen.

Winter Sunset
oil on canvas mounted to birch panel, 11 x 14 in.
Framed Dimensions: 18 x 21 in.
Publication history:
Color and Light: A Guide for the Realist Painter by James Gurney, Andrews McMeel, 2010, p. 183.
American Artist magazine, Gurney cover feature, November 2006, p. 39.
International Artist magazine #80, August/September 2011
Exhibition history:
“Dinotopia: Art, Science, and Imagination,” Lyman Allyn Art Museum, September 22, 2012 – February 2, 2013 

Creek Above Kaaterskill Falls
oil on linen, 20 x 16 in.
Framed Dimensions: 23 x 27 in.
Publication history:
Color and Light: A Guide for the Realist Painter by James Gurney, Andrews McMeel, 2010, p. 2.
Plein Air magazine, April 2005, p. 54.
American Artist magazine, Gurney cover feature, November 2006, p. 38.

Falls at Devil’s Kitchen
oil on canvas mounted to birch panel, 12 x 16 in.
Framed Dimensions: 21.5 x 25.5 in.
Publication history:
American Artist magazine, Gurney cover feature, November 2006, p. 39.


Kaaterskill Falls
oil on linen, 20 x 16 in.
Framed Dimensions: 23 x 27 in.
Publication history:
Color and Light: A Guide for the Realist Painter by James Gurney, Andrews McMeel, 2010, p. 179.
The Conservationist magazine, December, 2004, p. 19.
American Artist magazine, Gurney cover feature, November 2006, p. 37.
International Artist magazine #79, June/July 2011.
Exhibition history:
“Dinotopia: Art, Science, and Imagination,” Lyman Allyn Art Museum, September 22, 2012 – February 2, 2013 

For art students, this will be a not-to-be-missed exhibition. For collectors, this is a rare chance outside of auctions to acquire my paintings, as I don't sell very many originals, and these are important ones from Color and Light.

Jeanette and I will be attending the opening event on October 17.

9 comments:

Tom Hart said...

Congratulations and best of luck (not that it's needed) on sales! Whoever winds up with any of these pieces will be lucky indeed. They are stunning! I'm also glad to see that you'll be in the company of John Stobart, an early and ongoing hero and inspiration for me.

Zoe, ontheroad said...

Super congratz. Lovely venue, wonderful work.

Martha said...

Congratulations! Well-deserved.

Daniel New said...

Occasionally I think to myself, "Why do I want to be able to paint so bad? Why keep trying?" Then I open up my Color and Light book, see these exact paintings and think, "Oh yeah."

Joel Fletcher said...

This is a rare opportunity to own an original Gurney landscape! One. Million. Dollars. And worth every penny.

Christian Schlierkamp said...

Congratulations, Jim! Awesome news!

Robert J. Simone said...

Congratulations, James.

Les Dorscheid said...

Well deserved. Your landscapes are beautiful. Ive got to see the show.
http://lesdorscheid.blogspot.com/

Mark Vander Vinne said...

Congrats, Jim. What great company to be in. I recently took a workshop from Scott that I can truly say was life changing, and back in art school I saw Silverman do a watercolor demo on Bristol board where I learned about getting through the struggle of a piece. Both of these guys have influenced me greatly. As have you. Keep up the great work and blog.